Monday, December 29, 2008

Chrismukkah !

Happy bee-lated Chrismukah everyone ! My Christmas this year was pretty shit due to a severe lack of funds, my mum being pretty ill, having to put my puppy down at the end of the week and working fourteen hours on the actual day. Boo !

There were, however, a few upsides to this Chrismukkah. One being our quasi-Christmas party at none other than the ever classy Queen's.

100_0174

Some of us got naked. Or almost there.

100_0181

100_0180

Others just engaged in risky sexual behaviour.

100_0186


100_0191

100_0179

Mostly it was just awesome fun and awesome friends.

100_0172

100_0185

Oh, and there was a family reunion.

100_0188

Oh, and there was that time where we pretended we were elderly in Florida.

100_0193

Even thou Christmas was mostly shit, I got a few awesome things from my parentals and brothers.

100_0203

100_0211

100_0210

I'm really, really, terribly stoked on both of those last items.

The worst part about this week thou was my broken stove. I busted out my Fresh cookbook, whish is mostly grilled and stove-top variety stuff. This stuff was unusually healthy and light for this self-admittedly chubby vegan. Nonetheless it was delish and I've actually continued cooking out of it since my stove has been fixed.

100_0207
Mango Thai Salad.

100_0205
Peace n' Love Salad.

100_0200
Santa Fe Salad

100_0160
Cucumber and Cashew Dip. Best. Ever.

100_0159
Sweet Potatoe Coconut Curry.

100_0155
About to be mashed in to Guac.

Oh and I finally made these babies. I've been terribly jealous of my friend Jon's buns for a really long time. Mine have turned out horrible over and over again, but I think I've finally got it right. They were terribly, terribly good.

100_0202


More important than all this garbage is the fact that my friend Dave and I will be hosting bi-weekly Marxist discussion groups in the New Year! Yay. The first one is set for January 5th and its on the recent economic crisis, looking alot at the manufacturing crisis here in Southern Ontario. Time and location are TBA. Get stoked !

More exciting than any of this other garb. is the fact that I'll be in Berlin with a whole tonne of people that I miss lots in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. I'm going to a conference type thing for the IMT. The theme I guess is Rosa Luxembourg and Karl Liebkart (I'm really awful at spelling) and the German Revolution. I'm re-reading Rob Sewells' "From Revolution to Counter Revolution" before going, just so I don't feel like a total idiot jerk. I'm staying in Berlin for about a week after with my friend Dan and his friend Sam.I'm really really terribly excited for this.

No comments: