Sunday, December 21, 2008

New Years (Resolutions)

I always make a list of New Years resolutions on this pad of paper I've had since I was 13. I usually hide it under my bed then pull it out the next year to giggle at. This time around I decided to also make public my secret hopes and dreams. They're sort of in order of importance.

1. Make sure I'm actually graduated. Book an appt. with councelling to make sure I actually have all my credits and garbage. Find out some way to pay my tuition (whoops!)

2. Get into Teacher's College in England. Preferably London Met for Secondary Citizenship, History and Politics, but I'd take anything really. Other than number one, this is the most crucial goal of all on the list. I'll prolly get a little dramatic if I don't get in and we might have a repeat of two summers past, and no one really wants that.

3. Pay back my poor parents the ga-zillions of $$ I owe them from this summer. (whoops x2)

4. Start a Niagara Region branch of Fightback. This should hopefully happen before New Year's actually. I really should have undertaken this task earlier, but the idea of me being in any situation of political leadership both terrifies me and makes me laugh. Ideally, I'd like to have five other comrades here by the time I leave in August. That would be nice.

5. Get Kyle and myself's (sp?) vegan catering/bakery idea of the ground. I'm seriously so so so so excited to do this.

6. I don't think I've had a proper meal out since coming home at the end of August. I really, really love to cook and there's not really any good veg/vegan places in the region. However, I still feel like I'm missing out on some yummy noosh else where in Ontario. I kind of think that eating out might inspire me a it with my own cooking and open me up to new things. This being said, I move away permanently to a new continent in seven months. So, I've set myself up a not really challenging challenge, to eat at and review seven new restaurants in seven months. I've even made a list of the places to try, but not in order, thats crazy.
Affinity (in Hamilton)
Get Real! Cafe
Fressen
LIVE
M and B Yummy House
Vegetarian Haven
PAN (St. Kitts)

7. Oh and as always, loose weight. This has seriosuly been on my list all 9 or 10 years I've been writing on that pad and I've always been unsuccessful at it, mostly due to things like #5. Whatever.

No comments: